FUNDAMENTALS & TRAINING
This course involce, full inspection of the vehicle and its systems, inside and out, including:
- Vehicle overview: any obvious problems or concerns.
- Engine compartment: leaks, hoses, oil, coolant, fluids, and belts. On those areas that are not belt driven, you must point this out to the examiner and explain why belts aren’t needed.
- Cab: gauges, mirrors, seat belts, steering, and emergency equipment.
- External equipment: brakes, reflectors, shocks, mounts, tie-downs, and more.
- Other external equipment: fuel tanks, exhaust, drive shafts, doors, ties, couplings, catwalks, latches, kingpin, and other safety equipment.
- Trailer and connections, sides and tires, wheels.