10 Must-Have Accessories for Commercial Truck Drivers
Drive Comfortably with Truck Driver Accessories
Truck driver accessories are essential in making the cab of the truck yours and having a safe journey. Being comfortable will make the long drives more relaxing and keeping yourself safe will ensure smooth sailing.
Although you may be confined to the cab of your truck, you can make your own and make it comfortable. Even if you have multiple semi trucks you drive, you will be able to easily take these items with you and get cozy with any cab. From setting up a TV for your semi truck (when safe) to all the must-have semi truck appliances, we have you covered.
Truck Driver Accessories
Before you start your job, it is vital to make sure you are taking care of yourself first. You will be more prepared, comfortable, and attentive on the road if you have these truck driver accessories with you.
- Protect your eyes from harsh glare and the powerful UV rays. Go for sunglasses with polarized lenses to prevent fatigue, eyestrain, and headaches while you’re on the road. We recommend getting an extra pair – just in case!
- Leather work gloves
- You will be gripping the wheel the entire work day, so be sure to keep your hands comfortable. We suggest buying a pair of leather ones because of the durability and comfortability. Leather will keep your hands clean and safe from cuts.
- Toiletry bag
- Keeping with the leather theme, getting a leather toiletry bag will keep your belongings safe and you won’t have to worry about it fumbling around in the cab. Stuff it with your necessities and some first aid kit items.
- Mattress and bedding
- Transform your cab into your den. Taking a break and getting some rest with your mattress and bedding will make your sleep.
TV for Semi-Trucks
We know what you may be thinking: a TV for my semi-truck? Safety is the number one concern when you are driving, but when you aren’t operating your big rig, we recommend getting some tube time in.
- TV for Semi -Trucks
- It’s important, when safe of course, to entertain yourself and watch something other than the road; invest in a TV for your semi-truck, you deserve it. Zone out and get out of your head and escape in your favorite show. Splurge on an over the air digital television antenna and maybe a video game console.
Big Rig Truck Accessories
The following big rig truck accessories also fall in line with the self-care items. Stowing these accessories in the truck will be a big help on the road.
- Electric Blanket
- An electric blanket is another big rig truck accessory that you won’t regret. Nights get chilly and lonely on the road. Warm up and get comfy with an electric blanket to give you that by-the-fire feel.
- Seat Cushion
- Finding a seat cushion that works for you will not only make sitting more comfortable, but it could save your back.
Semi-Truck Interior Accessories
The semi-truck interior accessories below will keep you and your big rig safe and prepared on the road.
- Windshield Cell Phone Mount
- A windshield cell phone mount is helpful for taking calls and reading directions if you use your phone for navigation. Getting one that can secure to the windshield is more reliable. Having the phone in your line of sight will keep you safe and focused on the road.
- 12 Volt USB outlet charger
- Keep your devices charged throughout the trip with a handy USB outlet. The 12 Volt chargers typically come with a fuse, which will allow you to charge without worrying about busting a fuse in the semi-truck.
- Semi-Truck Gauges
- When you are on the road for hours at a time, you rely on your gauges to make sure your big rig is in optimal driving condition. Track fuel economy, battery voltage, coolant temperature, and more with these gauges.
Semi-truck appliances are items that are often looked over on the long hauls. These food-related appliances will help maintain your health and make your meals easily accessible and convenient.
- Slow cooker
- Eating a healthy and filling meal can be challenging on the road. With a slow cooker, you will be able to cook while you drive and have healthful meals.
- Mini Fridge
- Drinking ice-cold water or your favorite beverage safe for the road will make the ride more enjoyable. Also, you can stash healthy foods like fruits and vegetables next to your slow cooker leftovers.
Paired with our truck driving tips, these semi-truck accessories you’ll be set and ready to take on the road.