Best Trucking Companies for New Drivers 2022
Are you thinking about taking the first steps to become a licensed truck driver? If so, congratulations! The trucking industry has grown tremendously in the last decade and new hires are in high demand. As you get closer to obtaining your CDL, you’ll likely begin to ponder what the best trucking companies for new drivers are. Given the skills, habits, and connections truck drivers develop during their first job, choosing the right starter trucking company can make all the difference in propelling a new driver’s career in the right direction.
Furthermore, when choosing between some of the best trucking companies to work for with no experience, some things you will want to pay attention to are the benefits, allowed vacation time, and of course, compensation. It is also important for you to determine if the company will help you accomplish your short-term goals in the trucking industry, as well as get you closer to your long-term career goals. With that in mind, below are a few of the best trucking companies for entry-level truck drivers.
Best Trucking Company for New Drivers 2022
Swift Transportation – Phoenix, AZ
Swift Transportation is an organization that has built a reputation of being liked among new drivers as well as seasoned drivers that have been in the industry for many years. As one of the largest trucking companies in North America, they are committed to providing high-quality and safe vehicles to their drivers and offering competitive wages and benefit packets. They also focus on ensuring a high employee retention rate by sticking to their core values and professional business code – making it one of the best trucking companies for new drivers.
- Carrier Type: Truckload, Border, Dry, Flatbed, Heavy haul, Expedited team, Intermodal, Refrigerated, Equipment leasing, Dedicated
- Services Provided: U.S. truckload shipping carrier, Comprehensive transportation logistics provider
- Salary & Benefits: Guaranteed $1,000 weekly pay, Military scholarships, Tuition assistance programs for CDL schools and training, 401(k) plan
- Health Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription coverage, Disability coverage, Life insurance options
- Vacation Policy: Multiple home-time options are available
US Xpress – Chattanooga, TN
US Xpress employees have noted that the company is very supportive of its drivers, particularly those who are new to the industry. They help work to help build the driver from the ground up and some drivers have even received direct funding to help them pass their CDL classes, with the intention of hiring them once the qualification is complete. US Xpress also prides itself on being an early adopter of new safety and communications technologies – which is always a plus for less experienced drivers.
- Carrier Type: Asset-based truckload carrier, Dedicated, Regional, Team, OTR, Owner, operator, Driver trainer, Lease, Military
- Services Provided: truckload and freight brokerage services
- Salary & Benefits: pay is based on mileage and driving type, however, drivers can make up to $12,000 in bonuses their first year, First-year drivers earn approximately $50,000/year, $30,000 sign-on bonus for team drivers, Full-time positions available, Optional full-ride college tuition program, company match 401(k), Paid orientation, Pet policy, Double endorsement, Mileage incentives
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Vacation Policy: Daily/weekly unpaid home time
C.R. England – Salt Lake City, UT
C.R. England is family-owned and recognized as one of the best-managed trucking companies in the US. They are known for providing competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and strong taxation advantages to veteran drivers. They are also focused on helping to develop driver careers through their own training schools. Furthermore, as drivers clock more miles, show their dedication and become established drivers at C.R. England, C.R. England has no issues increasing their wages and benefits.
- Carrier Type: Refrigerated, Intermodal, Dedicated, OTR, Team drivers,
- Services Provided: North American freight solutions
- Salary & Benefits: $54k/year for solo drivers, $2,500 retention bonus, Paid CDL school & training available, Student tuition reimbursement options for continuing education, 401(k) plans
- Health Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance/disability coverage
- Vacation Policy: Consistent home time, Paid sick leave, Paid vacation time
Werner Enterprises – Omaha, NE
Werner Enterprises is known to be one of the most ambitious and proactive trucking companies in the United States. They are always looking to expand their operations across America and diversify their portfolio of global transportation services as part of an allied carrier network. In order to successfully expand year after year, Werner Enterprises offers CDL training to help new drivers kick start their careers – making them one of the best trucking companies to work for with no experience. They even champion new drivers, help them develop and guide their drivers to the positions that best fits their needs and goals
- Carrier Type: Dedicated, One-way, Intermodal, Temperature-controlled, Expedited, Logistics, Cross-border, Custom, Owner operator, Flatbed
- Services Provided: Asset-backed logistics and a variety of freight shipping services
- Salary & Benefits: Starting annual pay averages $56k/year in addition to a guaranteed weekly pay of at least $1k. The benefits include the following: Defensive driving and simulation training, Tuition reimbursement opportunity, Pet-friendly, 401(k) plan, Stock purchase plan, Paid tolls & fuel cards
- Health Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Optional HSA, Health account programs, Life/disability insurance options
- Vacation Policy: 250 annual home-time hours
Now that we have narrowed down some of the best trucking companies for new drivers for you, it’s time to get your CDL and hit the road! If you haven’t enrolled in a CDL course, be sure to consider ours. Truck Driver Academy is one of the top-rated trucking schools in California. We put a strong emphasis on education, hands-on training, and job placement. We take pride in our proven teaching methods and are always proud of our accomplished students. From written test support, on-the-road training, and job placement, we can help you get into a new career in as little as 4 weeks. Give us a call today!