Truck driving is the best option to start earning big bucks quick!
Consider Truck Driving School
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to drive a truck for a living? There are a lot of misconceptions about the trucking industry. With so many options for driver’s truck driving as a career is definitely worth a second look. At Truck Driver Academy, we want our drivers to have realistic expectations in order to effectively work towards their goal. From the great compensation to on-the-job-perks, we truly hope that you’ll consider trucking as a potential opportunity to achieve more out of your life.
The New Face of The Trucking Industry
A report from the American Trucking Associations says more than 70 percent of goods consumed in the U.S. is moved by truck, but the industry needs to hire almost 900,000 more drivers to meet rising demand.
This isn’t your daddy’s days anymore. OK, I get it most people have a very bad misconception about trucking.
Truckers are among some of the best paid blue-collar careers today. I have heard some examples of low pay and long hours, but I can definitely say I do not believe it. In the last couple of years, I have seen wages go up 30 to 50 percent. With some examples of some local and regional carriers paying drivers up to 80k and more per year, top drivers make over 100k per year.
Trucking: The Equal Opportunity Employer, No Wage Gap Here
A great place for women and older people looking to get into a great paying career. It is very difficult to see the wage gap for drivers in trucking today. The trucking industry has around 30 percent minority workforce, many companies are working to increase minorities in their fleet.
Independent Truckers, Be Your Own Boss
The trucking industry is a great way to go into business for yourself. Ok, so you don’t want to work for someone else? This is another great example of an easy way to make big bucks in trucking. Due to driver shortages and over-regulation, rates have been going up tremendously, remember shippers have to get their goods to the end user at whatever cost. If you have ever thought of getting out and finding a new career trucking is at the peak of demand. Independents make their schedule and have the ability to work only during peak times of the year, and relax maybe a few months, of course, you have to be able to budget yourself.
How to Get Your Class A License
So now what next? Finding a truck driving school, most people have no idea in what to look for in a truck driving school. There are many choices and buyer beware. I have heard many examples of bad truck driving schools, so here are some of the things you should avoid.
- Unaccredited truck driving schools – not registered with the state as a legitimate institution. It is always wise to ask if the school is accredited by the BPPE.
- Outdated and worn equipment – ask for a tour of the training facility. Make sure the trucks being used for training are up to date and worthy of your business.
- insufficient trucks for training – another horror story about CDL school is making the students wait for hours to get into a truck for only a few minutes.
What to look for in a great truck driving school
- Truck driving school with a great training program. Good instructors, good equipment, and knowledge on how to get students out quickly.
- CDL training is very important. Reviews are important to make sure you pick the correct CDL training school.
- Commercial driving test. Some truck driving schools have the ability to administer the CDL test in-house which means that you do not have to visit the DMV for you driving and skills test.
- CDL school with flexible hours. Truck driving schools rarely have an open schedule, with CDL classes 6 days a week.
- Truck driving job placement. The best truck driving schools have great relations with the best companies to work for.
Resources and services available to Truck Driver Academy students:
- Open 6 days a week.
- State accredited tech school.
- New equipment.
- Newer trucks for training.
- Knowledgeable and friendly instructors.
- In-house testing, we test our students in our facility.
- Job placement.
- DMV class A driving test.
What are you waiting for? Call Truck Driver Academy to kick start your truck driving career today!